Webby is a fantastic little website management system. It would be called a content management system if it were a bigger kid. But, it's just a runt with a special knack for transforming text. And that's really all it does - manages the legwork of turning text into something else, an ASCII Alchemist if you will.
Webby works by combining the contents of a page with a layout to produce HTML. The layout contains everything common to all the pages - HTML headers, navigation menu, footer, etc. - and the page contains just the information for that page. You can use your favorite markup language to write your pages; Webby supports quite a few. Install Webby and try it out!
- Choose your templating language: ERB, Textile, Markdown, HAML, SASS
- Support for UltraViolet and CodeRay syntax highlighting
- Embeddable DOT scripts for Graphviz graphs
- LaTeX snippets for mathematical formulas
- Automatically clean up generated content using Tidy
- Quick and speedy - only builds pages that have changed
- Deploy anywhere - it's just HTML, no special server stuff required
- Happy rake tasks for deploying your website to a server
- Build new pages from templates for quicker blog posts and news items
Would you like to follow BWF or like it? Click here!