Recess is a RESTful PHP framework that provides a fun and enjoyable development experience for beginner and seasoned developers alike. If you want a full featured RESTful web application without having to master the command line or learn complicated deployment recipes, Recess is for you. Recess is fast, light-weight, and has a very small footprint—ideal for LAMP development and drag-and-drop deployment to shared hosts. Recess is a modern framework that uses a loosely-coupled Model-View-Controller architecture designed and optimized specifically for PHP 5.
- Recess is designed around the HTTP protocol and supports RESTful APIs out of the box.
- Recess uses declarative annotations to define relationships, routes, template engines, and user-defined behaviors with less code.
- Recess includes a full database ORM for powerful database queries without complicated SQL.
- Recess includes thorough diagnostics to help you find and fix errors faster.
- Recess Tools provides a GUI and toolset to expedite your development.