FuelPHP is a simple, flexible, community driven PHP 5.3 web framework based on the best ideas of other frameworks with a fresh start.
The framework was started in late 2010 by Dan Horrigan then shortly after the team grew to include Phil Sturgeon, Jelmer Schreuder and Harro Verton. The team has decades of PHP experience between them and have all been involved with Open-Source projects such as CodeIgniter, PyroCMS, ExiteCMS and DataMapper ORM to name but a few.
FuelPHP takes a different approach to many frameworks and strives to be community-driven. We've only been going for less than 6 months and already had about 60 developers commit to the source code and even more help us with documentation.
In general we believe that anyone using the framework is in an equal position to spot bugs, fix them and send pull requests for bugs and new features alike. There is no "us vs them" to this community, just a group of developers sharing a tool and collaboratively improving it as we use it more and more.
FuelPHP - Reviews
FuelPHP is a framework that supports building data-oriented web applications:
• data stored in a database, file system, other web sites
• has some user interaction
• needs different views on the same data (including filtering, ordering, etc.)
• involves different user roles
• FuelPHP provides solutions for typical web application needs
• No "silver bullet": as any framework, FuelPHP requires some learning and some development overhead
Written by Guest, 11th September, 2015
Written by Guest, 3rd April, 2012