Back in the early days of the web there was this wonderful Perl library called CGI.pm, many people only learned Perl because of it. It was simple enough to get started without knowing much about the language and powerful enough to keep you going, learning by doing was much fun. While most of the techniques used are outdated now, the idea behind it is not. Mojolicious is a new attempt at implementing this idea using state of the art technology.
- An amazing MVC web framework supporting a simplified single file mode through Mojolicious::Lite.
- Very clean and Object Oriented pure Perl API without any hidden magic and no requirements besides Perl 5.8.1.
- Full stack HTTP 1.1 and WebSocket client/server implementation with IPv6, TLS, IDNA, pipelining, chunking and multipart support.
- Builtin async IO and prefork web server supporting epoll, kqueue, hot deployment and UNIX domain socket sharing, perfect for embedding.
- CGI, FastCGI and PSGI support.
- Fresh code, based upon years of experience developing Catalyst.
- Powerful out of the box with RESTful routes, plugins, sessions, signed cookies, static file server, testing framework, Perl-ish templates, JSON, I18N, first class Unicode support and much more for you to discover!
The Mojolicious web framework is all about minimalism and simplicity. True to its Perlish roots making simple things easy and hard things possible. A project can be started as a single file web application using Mojolicious::Lite and later grow to a well structured Mojolicious application.
Mojolicious - Reviews
Written by Guest, 27th December, 2014
Written by Guest, 11th May, 2013
Written by Guest, 20th May, 2012
Written by Guest, 8th January, 2011