Flourish is a PHP unframework — a general-purpose, object-oriented library. It has a modular architecture, meaning it isn't strictly MVC. It focuses on being secure, well documented and easy to use, while solving problems intrinsic to web development.
Why Use Flourish?
- Consistent and easy to understand
- Needs to model simple or complex databases, especially existing schemas
- Works with international data
- Can perform accurate math calculations
- Easily manipulates images
- Able to run on different databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MSSQL, Oracle, DB2)
- Can be used on closed-source projects
- Needs to run on PHP 5.1.6
- Needs an architecture other than MVC
- Plays nicely with other libraries and frameworks