- Created by a community of professionals and University professors in Computer Science and Software Engineering.
- Always backward compatible. We have not broken backward compatibility since version 1.0 in 2007, and we pledge not to break it in the future.
- Easy to run. It requires no installation and no configuration.
- Includes a SSL-enabled and streaming-capable web server, a relational database, a web-based integrated development environment and web-based management interface, a Database Abstraction Layer that writes SQL for you in real time, internationalization support, multiple authentication methods, role based access control, an error logging and ticketing system, multiple caching methods for scalability, the jQuery library for AJAX and effects.
- Runs on Windows, Mac, Unix/Linux, Google App Engine, Amazon EC2, and almost any web hosting via Python 2.4/2.5/2.6, or Java with Jython.
- Runs with Apache, Lighttpd, Cherokee and almost any other web server via CGI, FastCGI, WSGI, mod_proxy, and/or mod_python.
- Talks to SQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL, FireBird, Oracle, IBM DB2, and Informix.
- Secure It prevents the most common types of vulnerabilities including Cross Site Scripting, Injection Flaws, and Malicious File Execution.
- Enforces good Software Engineering practices (Model-View-Controller design, Server-side form validation, postbacks) that make the code more readable, scalable, and maintainable.
- Speaks multiple protocols HTML/XML, ATOM, RSS, RTF, JSON, AJAX, XML-RPC, CSV, REST, WIKI, Flash/AMF.
- Available under the GPL2 License with an exception for easier commercialization of applications.
web2py - Reviews
Written by Guest, 29. July 2010 at 7:25 AM
Written by Guest, 11. November 2010 at 7:19 AM
Written by Guest, 26. November 2010 at 4:49 PM
Written by Guest, 28. May 2012 at 11:50 PM